Thursday 2 April 2015

Outside my window

For a country that is the second largest in population & the seventh largest in the world geometrically, the Indian railway system reaches just about every nook and corner of the land!

For as long back as I can remember, I have always been fascinated by train journeys in India. To those who have not yet experienced it, traveling on trains there is really quite the adventure!

There is that special something about sitting by the window seats for god knows how long; the rare, beautiful sights, so much life just whizzing past. The rhythm of the changing tracks is almost music to my ears and the mouth-watering aroma of the freshly cooked vadai & chutney makes me feel as though I am truly home! Admit it, no railway journey would be complete without the smell of those freshly cooked vadai & some hot, strong chai!

Sadly, these train journeys have become almost extinct nowadays, who even has time for train journeys since they are now replaced by flights & car trips? They have become so replaced that I, quite honestly, cannot remember the last time I went on a long train journey. 



1 comment: